Wednesday, September 16, 2009

FTL #58 Rocks!

These cards are made using Clean and Simple Blog's Fall-To Layout #58.


First up, I'm using the Martha Stewart butterfly punches I love so much with Hero Arts half-pearls and a lacy border punch (which may also be MS, but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and check). The amethyst and lilac color scheme is sweet and simple, with lots of white to set off the soft colors.

Here's a fun color combination: aqua (PTI) and chocolate chip (SU), with a touch of white lace with the same border punch as the butterfly card. The snowflakes were punched from white, glued down using a glue pen, then covered in stickles. This is a nice, flat card for easy mailing. I love the contrast of the kraft paper with the glitter.

Supplies for Butterfly Card
stamps: PTI Birthday Basics
paper: PTI white, SU amethyst and lilac
ink: Palette Noir
accessories: butterfly punches, border punch, half pearls

Supplies for Christmas Card
stamps: PTI
paper: PTI kraft, white, aqua; SU chocolate chip
ink: chocolate chip
accessories: snowflake punches, stickles, border punch

9 comments:

  1. I especially love your butterfly card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a versatile layout. I love how you dressed it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards for different seasons!! Wonderful layout, edging, and punched images!! I love these, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a hard time using this layout and don't know why....all the cards {besides mine} that I've seen using it are awesome! I like the aqua combo for a snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these cards (and I own that border punch - it is indeed a Martha Stewart), but the Christmas version really calls to me. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Your cards are absolutely stunning! I am in love with the snowflake one :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great versions of the same card. I really like the kraft and aqua together for the winter themed card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!