Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Return of Smooch Painting

You might remember my cards from a while back that used Smooch just like a watercolor. If not, you can see them here.

Way back then (in September), I punched a bunch of leaves from the swatches of kiwi, pumpkin, and carrot Smooch-painted watercolor paper. Those leaves sat, unused, on my table until last weekend when the idea for this card popped to mind. Yes! I knew I'd think of something to do with them. Eventually.


4.25" square


Just goes to show if you sit on something pretty long enough, you'll figure out a pretty use for it at some random point in the future.

All it takes is a little faith and pixie dust.

Or, in this case, Smooch.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Falling Leaves
ink: Memento tangelo
paper: Papertrey vintage cream, Arches watercolor block (90lb hot press)
accessories: Smooch, watercolor brush, dimensionals, Martha Stewart leaf punch

7 comments:

  1. Such a lovely effect! And I am gld to know I'm not the only one holding onto things for later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty and delicate and I love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this card a lot. Not only are the smooched leaves lovely, but I really like the oddity of having the sentiment above the popped panel instead of below. Different, and really appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, look like the ones now covering my lawn...just kidding. Lovely card adn geat mix of colours. Love the reaised panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh i love this what a clever use of those leaves the card looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You've inspired me to use up some scraps of watercolour paper I painted with Twinkling H2Os.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So if you haven't found a use for the after about 2 years ... does that mean you've run out of pixie dust ... or smooch?! Haha!! Love this ... great new layout to try!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!