Monday, February 6, 2012

Another OLW Card

I couldn't stop with just one birdie birthday card. Here's a bird from StampinUp (forget which set...it was a gift so perhaps someone could weigh in). Ah, yes, thank you, Vicky! It's from Punch Potpourri. I broke up that set and threw away the clamshell box. Not always a good move.

I curved the sentiment from Papertrey's Sign Language and added some pearls for accent.




Reader KC commented that she's taking pictures of her stamps to create an inventory. I considered this as well and even took some pictures. It's a great idea, and it would certainly be easier than stamping them all. But I wanted an inventory that would be easy to add to and that had true sizes on it. If these aren't requirements for you, I say snap away!

There is one large grab bag left. Click for information!



Supplies
Stamps: SU (bird), PTI Sign Language (sentiment)
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: half pearls, corner chomper

10 comments:

  1. It's the bird from Punch Potpourri! It looks great in this strong pink and I love the way you curved the sentiment round it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and I love the curved sentiment. I've only done it with my Stampin' Up! sets (which I have a lot of, but haven't gotten any new ones for years), but what I did was scan the sets. This way they were "full-size." I printed out the pictures and put them in a book in alphabetical order. I also put them in an Access (database) file with "keywords" columns so that I can sort them and figure out what sets I have with snowmen, etc. The Access file also includes pictures of the sets, so I can just look at them there. I would love to do that with all my new clear sets, but I would take forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I too like the curved sentiment. On my printer, I scan my stamps. Doing so, I end up with the exact image and size. I currently have the pages in sheet protectors, placed in 3-ring binders. Last year, I started re-organizing and grouping them by category/theme/occasion. Once I'm done, I'll be making scans and re-doing my binders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the curved sentiment around one of my favorite birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've snugged the sentiment up next to the bird. Your stamping is always so clean and crisp looking. I tend to get smudgy when I used colored ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must try curving a sentiment like that! I love the effect you got with it. It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic bird card... the sentiment is so perfect at the bottom of the bird.. llove it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sentiment wrapped around the bird! Great card~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!