Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tag Card

Found a package of flat kraft bags in my stash and wondered if I could use one on a card. Here's the result:






I trimmed the top edge of the bag a bit and used a circle punch to create the notch. Then, I made the tag using some cool botanical paper in my stash, several circle punches, a verse from Everyday Blessings (?) from Papertrey, and a twine bow.

This verse was chosen specifically for a friend who's going through rough times right now.

What can you find in your stash this weekend to use on a card?


ALERT: I just got an email this morning from Papercrafts announcing their latest special issue on sale August 7th. It's called Paper Crafts Card Design Handbook. This magazine WILL be mine! If you're hesitant to spend $14.99 on a magazine, I'll give a review of it when I get my hands on it. And no, I'm not a paid spokesperson. I just love those special issues!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey
ink: VersaMagic
paper: PTI white, botanical inclusion from art store
accessories: flat paper bag (Michael's), circle punches, scallop scissors (to round corners of tag), twine (PTI), scor-tape

8 comments:

  1. I like this a lot, Susan. A note from God. Wow. Versatile, though; could be a note from anybody. Or an invitation. Or a thank you card. I like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card. I really like how yu have been turning ideas from that book into cards. I think I got the same email about the special Design Handbook issue, and I'll be interested in seeing your review. If it delivers on half it's promises, it is bound to be a must-have for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool design, Susan. I like this card a lot. When you do layers, you do them to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, ooh, ooh! That looks like a good magazine, Susan. I'll bet it's worth the money. I just wish I could get it in my country! :( You (and by 'you' I mean those who live in awesome America) get all the best products for card making!! Boohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never gotten into the tag craze. I see tags everywhere! LOL!! but, your card makes me want to use a tag! I don't have any kraft bags, but I think I could easily recreate something like this making it from scratch.

    As for using something from my stash, I keep telling myself that my goal for quite a while needs to be pulling out one item each day and using it as the basis to make a card. I have way too many things whether it be stamps, dies, embossing folders or embellishments that I need to use and I need to STOP buying anything new for quite a while. But, that's easier said than done says the gal who just got home from a trip to Joann's because she had to take advantage of the 40% off sale since I had a coupon to take an ADDITIONAL 25% off everything making everything less than half price! Can we say new stamps (including some really pretty Christmas ones), a punch, some paper plus a few other odds and ends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm way behind on keeping up with even my favorite blogs (you're among them) and, sadly, it will be that way for a few more days, but I had to pop in to tell you how special this card is. I'm a big fan of kraft ANYTHING. I've never known quite what to do with all the nice tags I see around, so you've helped steer me in the right direction. The DSP is right up my favorite color alley, too. I'm hoping to catch up soon, as I hate to miss anything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this card!! What a wonderful way to keep a card simple but still have a lovely sentiment included!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely. I'm a big fan of kraft and botanical paper, and I love how you notched the bag and added the details at the bottom.

    You know what I'd add to this particular card? The word "peace" stamped on the bag, maybe in white pigment ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!