Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More Coffee

A Muse stamps are sometimes a tad on the smallish side, and it can be challenging to use them on a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card. One way to help smaller stamps stand out is to ground them somehow and pop them up a bit. For example, these little coffee cups stand out more when placed on a large oval "table" and popped up with a dimensional.








I love the color contrast in these two cards. The first is so bright and fun, and the second is more masculine (in keeping with the sentiment). Both are destined for Operation Write Home.

The cups were colored with Copic and Bic markers, and when you know you're going to cut out an image, you don't have to stay in the lines. This makes coloring much faster and easier, although you'll notice I did a better job on the turquoise cup than the brown one. My selection of browns isn't good.

If you haven't checked out my tutorial on coloring with Bics and Sharpies (which are just about but not quite the same as Copics), you can find it HERE. Copics really do blend a bit better, but whether they are worth the cost depends on your budget and how much you like coloring.

Supplies
stamps: A Muse large oval, The Perfect Blend
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: Copic and Bic markers, dimensionals, Cutterbee scissors

10 comments:

  1. How clever to use the ovals!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love these! Nice "coffee tables!"
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this card design is simply brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several small-ish stamps that I will look at with a different eye now. Thanks for the design tip. Both cards make me want to go make a cup of coffee, so excuse me while I do just that. See? You are an inspiration in more ways than one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how the "coffee table" helps make that image pop - I struggle with A Muse stamps too because they are smallish and get lost on a standard card. I'll have to try some of your tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the whole idea of these cards Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!