Wednesday, January 30, 2013

OLW125

First, I want to apologize to Karen for dropping the ball on OLW124 last week. Her doodling challenge was adorable!

Second, I want to jump on Ardyth's OLW125 before my brain farts again.

Oh, I'm sorry. Was that vulgar? Sometimes I type inappropriate things.

Anyway, on to Ardyth's OLW Challenge, which is to make a card that represents your perfect day. In a sense, this is a really hard challenge because what constitutes a perfect day for you? Maybe it's an easy question for you, but my brain is all over the place. So much makes me happy that fitting it all on a 4.25" x 5.5" card seems impossible, especially if I want to leave some white space. Ardyth solved that problem beautifully on her card, with a fabulous graphic representation of 12 things she loves.

I went in a little different direction and came up with a rather wild card for me. You see, my brain, despite its occasional flatulence, is a good brain, and I'm rather fond of it. It has a hard time going to sleep at night because the world is such an interesting place and there are so many wonderful, beautiful people and things to think about. As much as I crave simplicity and white space, my brain will have none of them.

Which is why I'm just a little bit weirdly contradictory, you know.

In all honesty, my perfect day is messy and busy and full.

So here is a messy and busy and full card.



Please note that there is some order in the chaos: the triangle created by the pink, fuschia, and orange elements;  the straight lines of the beaded bars and sentiment; the trios of orange and lavender.

Doesn't the jagged line of beaded bars look like a heartbeat? Irregular, of course, just like me.

Uh-oh. Instead of irregular, let's say atypical. Yeah, that's better.

Click on over to OLW125 and play along! I look forward to checking out your perfect day!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink Grunge Me, Birthday Basics
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: none...good grief, where would I put them?!?!

21 comments:

  1. Goodness, I'm giggling like crazy here! I love your busy card - it still feels beautifully balanced and I love reading the explanation so that I can try it myself! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scene you have created and the pop of colour with the birds is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a double take that this was indeed your card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mixture of stamped patterns and colors. It's not something I could have done. I so admire your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the bomb! Very CAS, plus awesome colors, and I guess we might have similar brains, cuz mine is doing the happy dance inside my skull as I linger over your card!!! Way cool. Adore it! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Fab Susan! You're so brave to combine so many different elements, and to do it all on one layer really takes some skill! Love it! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan,
    love it...then read the description and could appreciate it even more...thanks for helping me see technically it is so appealing..
    blessings
    patti moffett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully whimsy card. Makes me think of Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a good laugh! My brain farts a lot too!! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, I love your "wild chaos" card. Really nice use of "Grunge Me" set. I see the outdoors with grass, flowers and birds. THAT is what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your "atypical" card! haha brain farts!! Too funny!! Yep, I think that happens to the best of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card - quite atypical of you! Gorgeous colours and combination of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Irregularity and flatulence...I feel like I am hearing daytime commercials. I very much enjoy the card though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, beautifully messy and full at the bottom but plenty of open space at the top to come up for air! ;) Great post and a wonderfully stamped card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan, I love the way you used Grunge Me. Wish I would have thought of us. Totally understand how the image portrays your day. I've had several of those myself. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Teehee, so funny! Beautiful scene, Susan and lovely, lovely colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only person I know that can stamp that much and still look marvelously CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is just amazing-I love this is how you see your day! This is such a cool set and you show it off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the stripe of orange on the RHS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Busy but beautifully balanced, I love it!

    xo, Kristina
    Hope you can visit me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, the world is amazing ... especially with brain flatulence!!! Your brain came up with a fantastic card, so much interest and colour ... I just lingered over it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!