Sunday, February 1, 2015

OLS13: You Blend!

February's One-Layer Simplicity Challenge is "You Blend!" You blend colors, that is! Use any product or technique you want for blending colors...watercolors, markers and a water spritzer, spectrum ink pads, alcohol markers, chalks, watercolor crayons, colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits or a blender pencil...whatever you want! Just blend those colors.

My card takes the easy way (bet that surprises you!) and uses a Kaleidacolor ink pad for a fun, citrus-y blend!


To create the blend, I simply tapped the stamps on the ink pad repeatedly while moving the stamp about a quarter inch with each tap...back and forth, forth and back. Then I accented the blended colors with a clear Wink of Stella brush pen, just for fun.

Because a little shimmer makes everything prettier.


I hope you'll click on over to the OLS Challenge blog! Remember, the challenge lasts until midnight on the 24th of each month, and you are welcome to enter multiple times throughout the month.

Supplies
stamps: Modern Basics (Papertrey)
ink: Kaleidacolor
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Wink of Stella clear brush pen, rhinestone

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm, will think about that one before I join in. I like your easy way of blending, it looks fab with the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool way to blend...now why didn't I think of that? I always like the easy way out...LOL! Great card, Susan { and I SO love my WOS brush}!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one who said the title of this blog in my head as Marissa Tomei's character from "My Cousin Vinnie"? 😄

    Love the card! Might actually try this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone noticed! Check out the OLS blog for the full reference. LOVE that movie!!!

      Delete
  4. As soon as I read your title that movie line ran through my head! Such a great movie.

    I might have to try this challenge (if I'm not too late) with one of my re-found inks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blend! Love the colours & all the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!