Sunday, March 15, 2015

Hello, Sunshine!

I have not forgotten about my promise to write about watercolor paper, but it's taking longer than expected to get everything together. Hopefully, a little shopping tomorrow will put me on track!

My last order from Papertrey included the set Hello There, which has quite a lot of different stamps in it...hearts, flowers, stems, a sun, words, and some elements that I'm honestly not quite sure what to do with. Tonight's card, however, reflects the glorious sunshine of my weekend here in Ohio. It was so good to see the sun!!!


The sun shines through a punched-out circle (1 3/8") on the edge of the card, and the sun's center (3/4" circle punch) is popped up on a dimensional. The inks are Memento Bahama Blue and Hero Arts Orange Soda.

I'm certain our sun is teasing us and will go back under cover of wintery clouds soon enough. Some of the worst snow storms we've ever had here in Ohio were in late March or April. But this weekend's lovely blue skies are a herald of things to come. We'll get there...eventually.

And yes, indeed, I am bothered by the missing period comma. But I'm mailing this card to my mom, and she won't care.

I hope the sun is shining on you...in spirit, if not literally!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Hello There
ink: Hero Arts orange soda, Memento Bahama blue
paper: Papertrey
accessories: 3/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensional

1 comment:

  1. We had 71 degree weather here in Georgia today. It's supposed to be even warmer Monday and Tuesday. Your cut out for the sun is genius. Your color combo makes me smile. Enjoy the sun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!