Thursday, January 28, 2016

Blue Birthday

I don't think anyone would feel blue to get this blue birthday card.




This simple, linear design gets its interest from the extremely curvy, rounded modern-style...well, what in the world do you call that design? A stylized flower? An abstract CAS splatter? Whatever it is, it's fun, especially with those fabulously oversize rhinestones.

I picture this going to a teenage girl. That substitution of 2 for to bothers me but might seem perfectly natural to a teen!

Happy End of the Week to you!

Supplies
stamps: CAS-ual Friday Bold Wishes
ink: Memento Luxe tuxedo black, Hero Arts cornflower
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones

6 comments:

  1. Such a perfect card. Loving the layout, the colours and the choice of sentiment and font spot on, all enhanced by the over-sized rhinestones, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue and white. The motif (whatever it is...) looks great in your earlier pink and orange, too. I really enjoy seeing your cards and your thoughts about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the layout, but the "short hand" for birthday and "to" bother me... But I think you're right...a teenage girl will probably think it's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the splat shape, whatever you decide to call it. I think it's versatile enough to use all year, and lends itself to almost any color combo or card theme. Definitely a keeper :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!