Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Warmest Wishes

Before we get to today's card, let me share that I'm writing again over on Questioning my Intelligence and transforming common days.

For those who do not know, Questioning my Intelligence is my personal web log, and transforming common days is a faith-based blog that encourages love and gratitude (though for the last year or so the few posts I've written have mainly been critical of politics and the media because, well, ugh).

Today's posts (here and here) on both blogs signal a return to regular writing and publishing on my part. Both posts are, of course, about the election. If you're feeling battered, worn down, or have felt afraid at any point in the election, I hope you'll find comfort and encouragement and a useful course of action moving forward in my words. If you're thrilled with the course of events, you'll also find a few thoughts to consider and a call to unity and cooperation that is desperately needed in our nation at this time.

And now for a card offering warmest wishes!



To make this card, I masked the bottom third, stamped the mountains repeatedly, covered the bottom with ribbon (attached with scor-tape), finished the stamping and added bling to the snowflakes.

Something was missing, so I stamped the penguin and his hat on scrap paper, cut them out, and popped them up. Adding bling to the hat and the sentiment unified the card.

Warmest wishes to each and every one of you!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Warmest Wishes
ink: Archival manganese blue, sky blue, black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, ribbon, scor-tape, dimensionals


2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!