Monday, December 12, 2016

Soap Inspired IC575

Another IC card inspired by a photo on Anthropologie...this time soap packaging.



As you can see, it's a pretty literal interpretation that keeps the general shapes and colors or a portion of the soap package design. Very abstract, but I love the navy and gold! The images are from Altenew's Simple Flowers and the sentiment from Hero Arts' You Are My Happy. I tried to keep the font of the sentiment similar to the inspiration piece, but I wish it were a little heavier for balance. Still, not bad.

I hope you're playing along with this week's inspiration challenge at Splitcoast. Anthropologie has some amazing stuff to inspire paper crafters, and I'm so grateful to Audrie for sharing it with us!

And now for a couple of pictures that made me smile today. First, my son Jack plays trumpet in the 8th grade band, and their holiday concert was tonight. Jack, who has sensory issues that make him extremely hostile toward collared shirts, dress pants, and dress shoes, loves playing trumpet but hates dressing for concerts with a hot hate. He cleans up cute, though!



And yes, he's wearing a Loony Toons Christmas tie, but he liked it because it's mostly blue.

I rarely like pictures of myself and even more rarely like a selfie, but today I wore this extremely fun apron while baking a double batch of my famous angel balls (my family's name for Mexican wedding cookies...yes, go ahead and laugh...my husband does...as he's stuffing them in his mouth because they are divine.). The apron was a gift from a dear friend who lives in Idaho and protected my purple sweater from flying powdered sugar.



Everyone needs a polka-dot apron. Even people who only bake once a year. Like me.

Hope, peace, joy, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Altenew Simple Flowers, Hero Arts You Are My Happy
ink: Versamagic night sky, Delicata golden glitz
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: gold metallic marker, metal ruler


4 comments:

  1. These are great photos. And I love the abstract card. It's kind of mean to tease us about your cookie recipe and not share it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Now I need a polka dot apron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute selfie! Polka dots, like bling, make everything better! I make wedding cookies every Christmas too! Hoping to,get to those today but the new puppy is messing with my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love pictures of you and your family. Me too...need the recipe. Please.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!