Monday, January 9, 2017

Cast All Your Cares

Today's card was inspired by a wedding invitation layout I saw on Pinterest.  (If you follow the link, scroll down a bit to see the exact inspiration.)



The card combines a sentiment from Papertrey's Everyday Blessings set and a flower from Altenew's Botanical Garden set. The flower was colored with watercolor pencils and lightly brushed with an aqua-painter blotted on paper towel...just enough water to spread the pigment, not enough to seriously warp the paper.

If you work with watercolor pencils, remember you can add pigment to the wet paper if you need more intensity.

I recently hit a rough patch with cardmaking and cleaned/organized my craft space, taking some pictures in the process. It helped jump-start my creativity nicely, but I was wondering if you would like to see some of that reorganizing here on the blog? It's nothing cosmic, but sometimes it's fun to see how others work/organize/manage their stash of goodness. Don't want to bore you, though.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Everyday Blessings, Altenew Botanical Garden
ink: Hero Arts intense black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: watercolor pencils (Derwent and Prismacolor), aqua-painter brush, paper towel

19 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, please share your travels through the reorganization/cleaning of your craft room. I'm sure that I'm not alone in needing some serious help to get my mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do share! That's exactly what I've been doing for 2 days now. I could use some tips. The delicately colored flowers look so nice beneath that wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! And yes, please show us pictures of your craft organization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please show!
    Lovely card, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I would never say no to seeing reorganizing posts. Organizing stuff is almost as fun as stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card and I am a voyeur. share!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I would love to see pictures of your space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to visit your organization process! I am sure to learn some wonderful tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice coloring on the flower! And yes, please share. ;-) I'm always curious on how other crafters organise their stuff. I did some new years cleaning too and shared soms pics of it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, love the Simplicity of this card. And,YES, PLEASE do share your pix of organizing/re-organizing!! Happy New Year to you! Hugs, sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card ... oh yes, please share your organizing pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely! I desperately need encouragement for my craft room clean up and would love to see how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I echo the sentiments about it being a lovely card and seeing your organizational photos. I love to organize stuff and enjoy seeing what others do. Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes please show your re-organization!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW I love this Susan. Your placement is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes and yes! Yes, love the card... so soft and delicate. And yes, would love to get your thoughts on organization, especially since you are so rational in your decision making. I'm bound to pick up and idea or two.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, Susan. It speaks so softly. I'd love to see your reorganizing - I'm trying to work on that now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!