Sunday, December 3, 2017

Stranger Things

My aunt took a trip to Japan and thoughtfully picked up a package of absolutely gorgeous paper for me.


Then she read my comment on Ellen Hutson's FB page that I don't use patterned paper and worried I wouldn't use the papers.

So I made this card to prove her wrong.



The design in the paper was perfect for a narrow vertical strip which leaves lots of glorious white space, so it definitely looks like a LateBlossom card. So no worries, kind aunt!

The gorgeous paper contains an olive green that looks amazing with the pink background...a color combo I would never have come up with myself. That olive shade on the paper is slightly darker but a great match for Brilliance pearlescent olive ink. The slight shimmer of the olive ink looks great in real life with the shimmer of the gold on the paper. 





There are stranger things than LateBlossom using patterned paper. Plus, it's fun to get out of the box now and then...especially with such lovely papers!

Thanks, Aunt Sylvia!

Love, peace, hope, and joy,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: My Favorite Things label maker sentiments
paper: Japanese paper, Papertrey white
ink: Brilliance pearlescent olive
accessories: tape runner

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely! Patterned paper can certainly shake up my color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I think it is so awesome when you go outside the box. you should use more pattern paper. It opens my eyes to new ways to make cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Japanese papers—they're so well crafted and the patterns are gorgeous. Haven't gotten my hands on any to craft with yet, though, mainly because it's such a challenge to use even regular patterned paper without overwhelming the card. What you did here with the paper is just lovely. The color combination is great, too—so vibrant. I hope you'll be showing us a few more examples of how to utilize patterned paper on a simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Washi papers are spectacular and are so easy to use for "less is more" cards as the papers just make the statement. I love to make little kimonos from them...also paper cranes. Patterns are free and abundant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous papers! And I love how you can use just snippets of them to make a clean and open card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is stunning paper! Have fun making more beautiful cards for us to admire.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!